GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment (No Deposit)
- I do not require a deposit or payment in advance before the day of the tour, we will settle up in cash on the day of the tour ‐ please note that I am able to take payment by Mastercard or Visa on PayPal if you wish, just let me know ‐ for credit card payment you will need to pay 7 working days in advance.
- My fee which is USD$ is payable in cash, you can pay in either HK$ or USD$, whichever is convenient for you.
- The exchange rate used is US$1 = HK$7.78
- If for any reason you want to cancel your tour, simply email me a notice to cancel. I will confirm your cancellation by email.
- You may cancel your tour anytime up to ten calendar days before the scheduled tour date without any further obligation.
- If you cancel your tour 4-10 calendar days before the scheduled tour date, you will be obligated to pay 50% of the tour fee.
- If you either (x) cancel your tour within 72 hours of the scheduled tour date or (y) don’t show up for your tour, you will be obligated to pay 100% of the tour fee.
- Cancellation fees will be payable via credit card.
Although I undertake to be flexible, all rescheduling requests are discretionary and subject to my calendar.
Tour Start and End Point
- I will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or another mutually agreed location such as the airport or a cruse ship disembarkation point.
- Guests staying on Lantau Island will be met and dropped at the Airport Express terminal at Kowloon Station or Central.
Private Tour Service
- All tours are private and performed personally and exclusively by me. I am a licensed tour guide: Travel Industry Council Tourist Guide Pass TG 12434
- YOUR KIND ATTENTION PLEASE: I AM NOT LICENSED TO PERFORM TRAVEL AGENCY SERVICES AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 218, PART II, Section 9 OF THE HONG KONG SAR TRAVEL AGENT’S ORDINANCE. Accordingly, I am strictly prohibited from arranging and booking any kind of third party attractions, international or local carrier transportation, lodging, meals or other similar third party services on your behalf. Furthermore, I do not provide guided tour services for or on behalf of any Section 218 licensed travel agencies.
- If you do not wish to do so directly, it is strongly recommended that you contact a licensed travel agent or your hotel concierge to arrange any kind of third party services during your stay in Hong Kong.
- The tour fee only covers my private tour.
- It does not include any other costs or expenses including without limitation any of the following:
- Your cost of public transportation such as taxis, buses, mini buses, ferries, The Peak Tram, The MTR and Airport Express (I pay for my own travel costs).
- Refreshments and meals, if any, along the way (I pay for my own food and refreshments).
- Attraction entrance fees, if any (I pay for my own).
- Souvenirs and other items purchased on tour (Not included in tour price).
- All of the above costs and expenses are to be covered by you on a pay as you go basis and I will cover all of my own expenses.
Cash For Expenses
- Please be sure to bring a sufficient amount of local currency to cover the above. Bear in mind that credit cards may not be accepted in some establishments, particularly restaurants. A minimum of $500 HKD is recommended to be safe. I will inform you if any attraction entrance fees are anticipated.
- For speed and convenience, it is strongly recommended that you obtain an OCTOPUS CARD for public transportation. Please consult your concierge. I can also assist you in obtaining same on the tour date.
Liability and Accident Insurance
- ALL TOURS ARE UNDERTAKEN AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ACCEPT NO LIABILITY OR OBLIGATION IN THE EVENT OF ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY.
- YOU AGREE TO NOTIFY ME IN ADVANCE IN WRITING OR BY ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION OF ANY HEALTH, MEDICAL CONDITION, MEDICATION OR FOOD OR ALLERGY ISSUES THAT COULD POTENTIALLY AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN TOUR RELATED ACTIVITIES.
- PARENTS ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE BEHAVIOUR AND ACTIONS OF THEIR CHILDREN WHILE ON TOUR.
- IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ARRANGE FOR CUSTOMARY TRAVEL INSURANCE COVERING, INTER ALIA, ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY LOSS AND EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
Note: Please bear in mind that my tours are walking tours incorporating public transport as needed. Although not particularly strenuous, you should bear in mind that parts of Hong Kong are hilly and the weather can be very hot and humid at certain times, particularly the Summer. In this regard, you should consider your ability to engage in medium aerobic urban style walking. If you are unsure about this, please consult your personal physician.
Hong Kong follows British style traffic flow and crossing rules. To avoid accidents, please be vigilant and remember to follow all road crossing signals and traffic warnings .
- Tours will proceed in all weather conditions unless the Hong Kong Observatory has issued a NO 8 TYPHOON WARNING or a red or black rain storm warning, in which event the we shall in the spirit of good faith and common sense consult on cancellation or rescheduling subject to my calendar availability.
No Representations or Warranties
- I have undertaken my best efforts to ascertain the accuracy of all written and oral information provided to you with regard to your private Hong Kong tour. However, no express or implied warranties are given. I make no warranty and assume no responsibility for the performance of third party vendors and businesses visited while on tour.
No Commissions and Referral Fees
- I will not accept any commissions from any third party in connection with any business establishment visited or business transacted by you while on tour or any other referral or recommendation made by me.
- I do not pay any referral fees to any third parties such as a hotel concierge or travel agency for your valued patronage.
- Unless otherwise notified by you, I reserve the right to use any photographs taken by me while on tour for publication on my websites.
[Last updated July 11, 2016]